Saturday, January 23, 2010

Love-ly Valentines shirt and headband Tutorial


Here's what you need:
An old t-shirt. Pink, red or white would be cute
2 squares of felt, in different colors. To coordinate with shirt.
matching ribbon, any kind. Mine was a thin grosgrain
scissors
thread
glitter puffy paint in matching color
headband


Start by drawing a free hand heart. This one will be the inner heart, mine was 1 1/2" across.
Cut that one, and use that as your template for the rest. I had 3 stacked on top of each other, so alternate between colors of felt and make each one slightly bigger than the next.
It should look like this.I did this one and one smaller. So Draw your first heart smaller then cut the rest.
Start in the center top point and sew around the inner heart.Repeat for the next one. You can position these anywhere you'd like.
It should look something like this
Next, ( and sorry about the pictures, my camera was acting up again) cut small slits, (you don't want them any bigger than your ribbon) around the neckline. 1/2" down from ribbing, 3/4" apart.
Then weave your ribbon through the slits.You want to start from coming up under the first one and end in one at the opposite side, but not all the way across, let it hang about 5" Then repeat on the opposite side. This side should have only gone through a few of slits.Sew down just at the tops of Ribbon.
Next add your glitter to the center of hearts, and let dry.
To make headband. Cut small felt hearts, just like before, but smaller. And I only used 2 hearts together instead of 3. Sew together with an X in the center.
Put a dab of glue on the bottom of headband and start wrapping your ribbon around, being sure to not leave any space between to let the plastic show through. Apply more glue as you go. Finish by adding the hearts to the band with glue. Anywhere you like:).
And this is what it looks like complete


Ready for Valentines

10 comments:

  1. Lovely! That head band is too cute it's killing me! I think I'm going to make Paige one today! If I can squeeze it into a post I'll link to you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well this is a completely necessary thing to do in my life now! How absolutely LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute! makes me wish my teenage daughter was a little girl again, so i could make her one too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I added it to our link luv roundup today. http://www.luvinthemommyhood.com/2010/01/link-luv-roundup.html
    Send me an email at luvinthemommyhood@yahoo.ca and I will email you the code for our "featured on luvinthemommyhood" button.
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, thanks to Disney I had to come check out your blog ... what, was I under a rock or somethin'? I will definitely be a full time stalker ... err, follower, now! LOVE the tut today, ty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this Vday outfit! So fun to find your creative blog.
    I'll definitely be featuring soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute headband! my daughter would love that...i might just have to try this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Christina! Oh my gosh, that is ridiculously CUTE! love it all! Thanks for joining in on the surprise v-day party today. The code for my party button should be fixed now, so stop by and grab one for your post :)
    happy crafting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! As the sewing contributor for Making The World Cuter, I am featuring this in a Valentine's Day Roundup posting soon. :) http://makingtheworldcuter.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails