Friday, August 13, 2010

Locks of Love and a new do!

Last week P#3 asked me AGAIN to cut her hair. She's been wanting it cut for awhile, and I always was reluctant to cut it only because I know how much she loves her hair and because her long hair was HER. She kept telling she wanted  to donate it to Locks of Love because " I know that kids in the hospital would be happy if they had hair" I finally gave in and let her do it. I know its for such a great cause and some little girl or boy will be happy to have it. While the lady was cutting off her pony tail I cried a little,  I know how silly that is, but I was also so proud of my little girl for doing it. After it was done, she looked at me and said," I really hope someone will want my hair and the pink strip" (my sister did that for her on vacation) And I have to admit that she looks beautiful, hair long or short.





















If any of you are considering cutting your hair visit Locks of Love to see if your hair is eligible for donation.






4 comments:

  1. All three of my daughters did this together when they were 9, 7, and 5. all of their hair hung down to their bottoms. It is one of the hardest things that I ever let them do, but they were so proud of themselves. I even had to admit that the new hairdo's looked amazing! My oldest daughter (of the three left at home) has done it twice. They love having short hair though, I am not sure the other two will ever grow it out again, and I do have to admit, getting ready for school has never been easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a sweetheart!! And what a big heart! She looks adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did locks of love, as an adult thought - I was 21. I cut off 17 inches! It was very liberating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did this last year and it's so rewarding. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some Love

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails